Main Hall by Peter Guenzel
If you would like to volunteer at Conway Hall, please fill out our Volunteering Form.
Sunday Lecture Event Manager – freelance contract
8 hours per week (Sundays) when lectures in session - until end of July 2014
Conway Hall Ethical Society has provided Sunday Lectures for its members and the public for over one-hundred years. In recent times the Sunday Lectures have been made chargeable events with the aspiration of cultivating new audiences. Members of the Society are allowed free admission and we also offer a concession rate to students or those unwaged. The Sunday Lecture begins at 11am and ends at 1pm following a Q & A session. Sunday Lectures run until the end of July.
The Freelance Contractor will be responsible for managing Sunday Lectures on the day.
- Liaising closely with the Programme and Marketing Officer, who shall procure the lecturer for each Sunday Lecture.
- Being the ‘Responsible Person’ outlined in the Fire Emergency and Evacuation Plan.
- Setting up the room before the Sunday Lectures, including: water for the speaker and chair, notes for the Chair.
- Placing feedback forms, any required literature and pens on seats prior to audience arrivals.
- Being solely responsible for the technical set-up of the sound system and projection.
- Welcoming the speaker and Chair before briefing them regarding the running order of the day.
- Assisting the Front of House and Caretaking staff with any queries and ascertaining whether the Library and / or Front of House will be open after the lecture.
- Managing the Conway Hall Ethical Society events holding slides and helping the speakers with their presentations.
- Providing all audio /visual technical support for the event on the day.
- Ensuring that all monies collected on the ‘door’ are properly deposited in locked environments after collection.
- Feeding back all necessary information to the Programme and Marketing Officer and preparing for the following week’s Sunday Lecture.
The Freelance Contractor will report to the Programme and Marketing Officer.
If you are interested in the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org your CV.