With a landmark venue, and over 100 years of championing independent voices promoting equality, social justice, and a better life for all – we call that ETHICS – Conway Hall offers the perfect platform for those driven by the same passion for change. We curate, support and facilitate people and ideas that Make Ethics Matter in the world, through a vibrant arts, events and learning programme.
In a normal year our building would see 100,000 visitors and our venue and spaces hosting 2,500 events, large and small. We have also accelerated the digital delivery of our programme through infrastructure investment, live-streaming and online content.
Our Mission is to curate, support and facilitate people and ideas that make ethics matter in the world.
- Drive our instititutional marketing and actively promote Conway Hall as Where Ethics Matters.
- Assist the Head of Fundraising & Communications with the preparation and submission of funding applications.
- Assist on all activities (online and offline) relating to fundraising, including promotion of the charitable work and social impact of the Society.
- Assist on the definition, promotion – including press, public relations, digital and social media – delivery and maintenance of the Society’s membership offering, to create a supportive community.
- Produce or commission dedicated design for print and digital advertising of Conway Hall’s charitable work, membership offer, etc.
- Support the Head of Fundraising & Communications as required.
- Ensure that sections of Conway Hall’s website related to the Society’s charitable work, fundraising and associated areas are relevant and engaging.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications and the Marketing Coordinator to grow and deliver our social media presence within the brand guidelines, generating posts that drive engagement with our fundraising and development objectives.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications and the Marketing Coordinator to maintain and maximise our online reach, including through Google.
- Work with the Head of Programmes and other colleagues to generate regular content derived from our work, collection and archives.
- Work with the Head of Fundraising & Communications on tasks, campaigns, communications and research related to Conway Hall’s membership offer, fundraising activities and strategy.
- Oversee how donations are made and encouraged across all platforms and in the building, that they are processed in a compliant way and ensure prompt and accurate receipt and acknowledgment. Maximise eligible donations with Gift Aid.
- Maintain GDPR compliant donor information and ensure that our CRM is kept up to date as it relates to donors.
- Increase membership sign ups from our core audience and more widely and implement loyalty ladder progression, including coordination of communications with donors and stakeholders to grow and maintain strong relationships.
- Keep up to date with available grants and funders, and assist the Head of Fundraising & Communications with the preparation and submission of funding applications.
- Comply with Conway Hall’s policies such as equal opportunities etc.
- Support the measurement and evaluation of the charitable work of the Society.
- Encourage the culture of fundraising throughout Conway Hall’s activities and staff.
- Attend meetings and events when required, including staff meetings.
- Participate actively in the life of the Society and venue.
- Undertake training, as required, such as with the Arts Marketing Association (membership of which will be provided)
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Fundraising & Communications.
- Some fundraising/development experience in the charity/arts sector OR qualification in this area, e.g. in Arts Management.
- An understanding of social media platforms.
- Administrative skills and experience of using a range of Microsoft Office applications.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
- An ability to work on your own initiative and collaboratively
- Good time management and an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Copywriting experience.
- Some marketing experience.
- Some understanding of Content Management Systems (such as WordPress) and CRM systems (such as Ticketsolve).
- Basic Adobe software suite experience, in particular with InDesign and/or Photoshop.
- Basic video editing skills in iMovie or Adobe Premiere.
- Knowledge of one or more subject matters in the Society’s field of interest.
Hours: To suit the needs of the business.
Location: Hybrid working – mixed between office and home.
Holidays: Pro rata 24 days per annum, plus one week over the Christmas holiday period, (all based upon 37.5 hours per week).
Probation period: Three months
Pension: An optional stakeholder pension scheme is available. Employee contribution of 3% is matched by 5% from the employer.
Closing Date: 12th July 2022, 9am.
Interview Date: 19th/20th July 2022.
Submission information: Please send a CV, covering letter and to email@example.com after reading through the job description. Please also complete and return our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
Conway Hall is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.