With a landmark venue, and over 100 years of championing independent voices promoting equality, social justice, and a better life for all – we call that ETHICS – Conway Hall offers the perfect platform for those driven by the same passion for change. We curate, support and facilitate people and ideas that Make Ethics Matter in the world, through a vibrant arts, events and learning programme.
In a normal year our building would see 100,000 visitors and our venue and spaces hosting 2,500 events, large and small. We have also accelerated the digital delivery of our programme through infrastructure investment, live-streaming and online content.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated professional, who can work with the Venue Hire and Finance teams to ensure the robust invoicing and communications required for our clients. Please note that this a 15 hour per week role, to be spread across 4-5 days each week.
Our Mission is to curate, support and facilitate people and ideas that make ethics matter in the world.
To co-ordinate Venue Hire invoicing at Conway Hall. The Invoicing Coordinator is a vital role within the Commercial team and reports to the Head of Commercial.
- Liaise with the Venue Hire Managers to ensure accurate and timely production of invoices and hire confirmation documentation to all Conway Hall hirers.
- Liaise effectively with the Finance Manager to establish when invoices have been paid and also follow up those that haven’t with the hirer/client.
- Complete required data entry into Rendezvous, Conway Hall’s room booking system.
- Manage the Invoice Master with the Finance Manager to ensure the accurate recording of all Conway Hall invoices.
- Maintain all client folders in the Invoicing section of the Shared drive and also within the Invoicing email account.
- Ensure that cancellations, refunds and credits are dealt with according to Conway Hall’s accounting procedures.
- Comply with Conway Hall’s policies, such as health and safety, equal opportunities, etc.
- Support the measurement and evaluation of the charitable work of the Society.
- Support the culture of fundraising throughout Conway Hall’s activities and staff.
- Attend meetings and events when required, including staff meetings.
- Participate actively in the life of the Society and venue.
- Undertake training, as required.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Commercial.
- Experience of invoicing.
- Experience of room booking systems/financial systems.
- Experience of communications through a variety of digital platforms.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills and experience.
- Ability to work on own initiative and collaboratively.
- Good time management and an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience of working within a contemporary cultural building
- Knowledge of one or more subject matters in the Society’s field of
Salary: £8,800 per annum (based on 15 hours per week)
Hours: To suit the needs of the business. Some evening and weekend working will be required.
Holidays: Pro rata 24 days per annum, plus one week over the Christmas holiday period, (all based upon 37.5 hours per week).
Probation period: Three months.
Pension: An optional stakeholder pension scheme is available. Employee contribution of 3% is matched by 5% from the employer.
Closing Date: 3rd May 2022, 9am.
Interview Date: 6th May 2022.
Submission information: Please send a CV, covering letter and to firstname.lastname@example.org after reading through the job description. Please also complete and return our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
Conway Hall is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.