Conway Hall is looking to recruit casual AV Technicians to support with the technical delivery of our events programme. The ideal candidate will have experience as a live event technician for an arts, heritage or event venue, as well as working in in live-streamed and hybrid events. You will be a proactive and independent worker, able to work calmly and confidently under pressure and provide creative problem-solving solutions when needed.
Reporting to the Head of Programmes, AV Technicians at Conway Hall provide technical knowledge and experience to ensure the smooth delivery of events and performances at our busy venue. Successful candidates will have experience of delivering live in-person events, as well as streamed and hybrid events.
- To provide technical services in the delivery of Conway Hall’s events programme, including sound, lighting and streaming.
- To work with the Head of Programmes to improve the technical capacities and delivery of the events programme.
- To work closely with the Event Manager to ensure the smooth delivery of all events.
- To maintain a professional and approachable manner with all speakers, artists and external collaborators on all events.
- To work as part of a team representing Conway Hall’s ethos, style and values.
- Comply with Conway Hall’s policies.
- Undertake training, as required.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of Programmes.
- Experience as a live event technician for an arts, heritage or event venue.
- Experience of delivering live-streamed events.
- Experience of OBS or similar software.
- Experience with sound equipment including in-house PA systems, mixing desks andmicrophones.
- An ability to work calmly and confidently under pressure.
- A proactive and positive attitude to problem-solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- An ability to work on own initiative and collaboratively.
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings.
- Experience of working with rigged lighting
- Experience of rigging/de-rigging
- Video editing experience
The rate of pay for this post will be £20.00 per hour. Holiday is incorporated into hourly pay.
The post is offered as a casual, part time role.
- Core working hours will be to cover event or show times, primarily during evenings and weekends.
- There will be a minimum 4 hour call for all events.
The post will be subject to a three-month probationary period.
Full terms and conditions will be made available on offer of appointment.
You will need to provide evidence that you have the necessary permission to work in the UK.
Closing Date: 24th July 2022, 9am.
Submission information: Please send a CV and short covering letter to Holly Elson – firstname.lastname@example.org – after reading through the job description. Please also complete and return our Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form.
Conway Hall is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.